Registered Nurses (RN) become a School Nurse for Brooklyn or Bronx $33 an hour!
(No worries, School Nurse experience not needed, just 2 or more years
working as a Registered Nurse)
Gotham is currently hiring Registered Nurses for schools in Brooklyn
or Bronx! You will have the option to work either per-diem,
non-committal assignments. You get to choose any dates you want to work.
Or, you can work 5-days a week! Hourly pay-rate $33.00 an hour! Gotham will provide to you free BCLS renewal classes and other fabulous incentives!
will provide to you a school nursing orientation, from 9am to 1pm and cover your fingerprinting costs.
Please apply now in order to schedule a date for you to come in and register before orientation.
- 2 years nursing experience
- ASN or BSN Degree
- New York State Nursing License
- BCLS Card
For more information please call or text: Edwin at (347) 989-6948 or just apply now!
You may come to Gotham directly to apply anytime Monday through Friday, 10AM to 300PM.
Gotham is location is: 75 Maiden Lane, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10038.
Please bring the following:
- BCLS Card (if you have)
- Malpractice (if you have)
- Two work references (name and contact number is fine)
- State ID
- Social Security or passport
Listed below is a summary/job description
- Maintains standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures established by the agency and DOE.
- Performs comprehensive physical assessments and documents the patient's biophysical and psychosocial status; educational needs.
- Correctly identifies the need for immediate or emergency treatment , and on-going medical needs
- Assist students in acquiring and maintaining objectives and skills specified on their IEP
- Improve student's development of independent functioning in educational setting
that students participate successfully in their primary educational
programs without intensive assistance of Health services.
accurate and up-to-date records of all nursing activities, a daily log
of medical room visits and completing/submitting other required forms.
- Provide Health services in a prompt, clinically proficient/professional manner, pursuant to DOE policies and procedures.
direct health services to students with chronic health conditions,
including but not limited to asthma, attention deficit disorder,
diabetes, allergies , anaphylaxis and seizure disorders, including
prescribed routing nursing procedures, monitoring BG and performing
catheterizations, tube feedings, trach care and suctioning.
direct health services as needed due to illness, including but not
limited to acute care for students with illnesses such as seizure
disorders, allergies, diabetes, nosebleeds and performing emergency care
for injuries; and
- Provide nursing assessment an management,
including the health of students with known suspected health problems,
providing health information and assessing the health of students
referred by teachers, assessing for the potential of communicable
diseases in instances of rashes, cluster of illnesses, blood exposures,
and notifying all required entities, such as Supervising Nurse, school
administration and parents/guardians.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge in planning and decision making.
- Completes the continuing education requirements annually.
- Consistently complies with standards for attendance, absence notification and punctuality
- Wear appropriate clothing for school standards
- Photo ID must be visibly worn.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
- Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and
- policies /procedures.
- Demonstrates competencies to provide care to patients of all ages.
- Respects the rights, privacy and property of others at all times.
- Assumes responsibility to participate in performance improvement activities as directed.
To apply, please email your resume to: